November 17, 2020
Resources for Caregivers
Types of Resources:
- Respite is time for you away from your loved one. Respite services can provide someone who stays with your loved one in your home or a place for your loved one to stay for short periods of time (adult day services).
- Personal care
- Home Health
- Companion and/or chore help
- Home repair
- Adult day services can provide a place for a loved one to spend time so you can take a break away. Your care recipient can also benefit from the social interaction, stimulating activities, and a different environment. These services are available for private pay, or, if you are eligible, a subsidy.
- A long-term-care ombudsman program provides information, directories, education, and advocacy services regarding nursing homes and assisted-living residences.
- The County Department of Social Services provides low-income assistance, applications for Medicaid, and adult protective services.