Due to the pandemic, our public outreach events have been canceled. The Benefits Enrollment Specialist can meet individuals over the phone, one-on-one by appointment, and continues to assist with eligbility, applications and follow-up.
Benefits Screening and Enrollment
Meet with a Benefits Enrollment Specialist for a consultation at no cost.
Items to Bring to Your Appointment:
- Proof of identity (for example: driver’s license, passport, Social Security card)
- Proof of NC residence (for example: utility bills, lease agreement, voter registration card)
- Birth certificate or other proof of citizenship/alien status
- Employment and income information (for example: paystubs, W-2 forms, wage and tax statements)
- Current financial statements from other sources of family income, such as social security, retirement benefits or pensions, veterans benefits, SSI, child support, or other sources
- Most recent financial statements from financial institutions (such as bank statements)
- Your Social Security card
- Your Medicare card
- Copies of all medical and life insurance policies
- List of all cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, etc. that you or anyone in your household own, including the year, make, and model for each item
- A list of all the real property you own
- For applicants who are not U.S. citizens, proof of residency status